Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SITI Last Day

SiTI Day Last Day
Suzuki Jam

Today we did Suzuki for 2 hours with all 63 participants and teachers on the Theatre stage in front of a group of people invited to watch with the Rachel's playing. Amazing. Trascendent. Joyous.

Viewpoints Jam

Again in the theatre with the Rachel's and an invited audience. This time we were broken into groups and doing open sessions for 15 minutes a piece. My group consisted of all the Columbia people and we had a smashing good time. Hard to comment on something you were doing, but all the other groups made beautiful, beautiful pieces.

That night was the second groups performances of their compositions. Really good to finally see work of people you have been around for so long, gotten to know, but not worked with.

The last piece of the night was one of the finest pieces of theatre I have seen. It touched me so much and was so simple. It is what I want my theatre to be. Not it specifically, but the ideas that it evokes, questions that it raises. Utterly beautiful. Grand. Simple. Necessary

I appreciate those of you who have read my ramblings and meanderings. Hopefully I have sparked questions in you or raised ideas. That is all I really want. A dialogue. It is better for all of us to share our ideas, even if we don't always agree. I came to SITI to get a leg up on Columbia before I start, I leave feeling like I got a leg up on my artistry.

Go See their work, support them, criticize them if need be, but you can not dismiss them. For those in NYC Hotel Cassiopea opens at BAM on October 9. They tour all the time and you should try and see their work. You should try and go next summer and experience what I experienced.

Take care of each other. Here's to a better tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey adam-
im a high school student from TX and im taking an english seminar on modern drama. we have a project to get involved with a company, and i was really interested in the SITI company because i read anne bogarts book this summer. interested in sharing some of your experiences there? whats the best way for us to communicate? my email is cmasson@sjs.org so if you maybe want to participate, shoot me an email? thanks!!
cristina

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home